Beer and barbecue go so well together…So let’s spend the day exploring the best of Des Moines! This tour explores the different styles of barbecue available in Des Moines and some of the restaurants, caterers and chefs smoking it up every day.
You’ll get a greater appreciation of one of America’s original cuisines and learn some local history along the way.
Tours begin at Cooking with Alessandra at (333 E. Grand Ave., Loft 103) in the Des Moines’ East Village.
Included in the tour…
* Barbecue tastings from three barbecue restaurants and caterers
* Beer flights at two different brew pubs.
* History of the Capital complex and East Village
* Non-Alcoholic Drinks (Alcoholic Drinks Available for Purchase)
* Opportunity to Meet and Interact with business Owners/Managers
* Facts and history of barbecue in the USA and Des Moines
* Opportunities to make new friends
* Additional surprises along the way!
Where should I park for the tour? Meters are enforced on Saturdays and allow a maximum of 4 hours. A better option is the parking garage just 1 block west of Cooking with Alessandra on 3rd. Pay $1 per hour there with no time limit. Also, parking on the Grand Bridge is free.
What if I need to cancel? Wow! Des Moines Tours will issue a full refund of the ticket price (excluding fees) with 7-day notice. To cancel your reservation, email email@example.com. Include the ticket purchaser’s name and email address.
What if weather is bad? Tours run rain, snow or shine. We’ll always do our best to make sure you are comfortable. If extreme weather conditions create safety concerns, Wow! Des Moines Tours will notify the ticket purchasers of the cancellation via email at least two hours before the tour starts.